The “IV” in vitamin IV therapy stands for Intravenous and refers to an alternative and more efficient method of acquiring the nutrients our body needs to perform at an optimal level. Specifically, this process entails administering vitamins and other nutrients directly into the bloodstream via a shot. In general, there is a lot of evidence breaking down the benefits of intravenous therapy.
IV Therapy Benefits
The most important benefit of intravenous therapy is that our bodies receive the nutrients more efficiently, especially in comparison to other methods of acquisition, such as oral consumption. The reason being is that, through consumption, the digestive enzymes in our stomach interferes with the absorption process, often resulting in a loss in potency and stomach irritation. When nutrients are administered intravenously, the gastrointestinal side effects are mitigated, allowing for increased absorption by the body.
Energy Boost IV Therapy, a Popular Form of Vitamin IV Therapy
One form of vitamin IV therapy increasing in popularity amongst health-conscious individuals looking to enhance the quality of their lives is energy boost therapy. Energy boost therapy is an effective cocktail of electrolytes, fluids, vitamins, and antioxidants designed to combat symptoms associated with fatigue and low energy.
Those most likely to suffer from fatigue and low energy are those with demanding schedules, such as athletes, business professionals, and travelers. The causes of low energy can range from:
• Anemia – Anemia is described as a condition where the body lacks an adequate amount of healthy red blood cells capable of carrying oxygen to the body’s tissues due to an iron deficiency. It is essentially a condition that makes you feel tired and weak.
• Vitamin B12 Deficiency – B12 deficiency is known as Pernicious anemia and stems from the lack of healthy red blood cells due to low B12 levels. Like anemia that derives from an iron deficiency, Pernicious anemia manifests itself in individuals suffering from the condition, in the form of fatigue and weakness. Those most likely to suffer from vitamin B12 deficiency are the elderly, and people practicing strict vegan diets, where they are prohibited from consuming B12 rich foods typically found in dairy and meat products.
• Electrolyte imbalance – Electrolytes are chemicals that occur naturally in the body and can be found in our bodily fluids, such as blood and urine. They work to regulate important physiological functions, such as nerve and muscle functions, and the rebuilding of damaged tissue. Imbalances can occur if electrolyte levels are too high, or too low, but are often caused by the loss of bodily fluids, usually due to excessive diarrhea, vomiting, and sweating. Common symptoms associated with electrolyte imbalances include confusion, muscle cramps, nausea, lethargy, and fatigue.
• Stress – Stress can have a profound negative impact on the body, as elevated cortisol levels for prolonged periods can result in a weakened immune system, leaving us fatigued and highly vulnerable to infections.
• Thyroid condition – Thyroid glands are responsible for producing and regulating thyroid hormones, which are known to have a direct impact on our mood, weight, and energy levels. Symptoms such as these can be triggered due to hypothyroidism, which is described as a condition where the production of hormones by the thyroid gland diminishes.
How Does Vitamin IV Energy Boost Help Treat Symptoms Associated with These Deficiencies?
Energy boost treatments contain ingredients meant to supply the body with a cocktail of necessary nutrients. These nutrients enhance the functionality and strength of our immune system. Some of these ingredients include:
• B-Complex – B vitamins play a vital role in maintaining good health and well being. B complex helps support cell health and cell metabolism.
• IV Fluids – Electrolyte balanced solutions are designed to efficiently deliver nutrients into the bloodstream, for the purpose of rehydrating the body and ensuring enhanced nutrient absorption.
To learn more about the benefits associated with Energy Boost therapy, and to find a location near you, visit The Hydration Room today.